Agreement for domain registrations
Valid from 24.05.2018
The contract regulates the processing of domain registrations by INWX for the customer or for his end customers.
- The customer is entitled to receive free i.e. to apply for unregistered domains according to the terms of this contract. Checking the availability of domains is up to the customer. INWX can not guarantee that the domains at the time of application by the customer will still be available at the time of registration by the registrar. The domains are registered in the name of the customer or on a third party to be named by him (end customer).
- The applicable registration conditions must be made available to the domain owner before registering a domain. The domain owner must accept these.
- The application for the domain registration takes place by means on a page provided by INWX, which is especially for the respective customer and protected with a password on the Internet. The customer receives feedback on the respective processing status of the domain registration on this page. Transfer requests away from INWX will not be charged separately if the customer processes the outbound transfer requests themselves via the INWX web interface. The customer hereby expressly undertakes to observe the applicable procurement guidelines and transfer regulations as well as the procurement guidelines of the individual registration offices and to only agree to this with outgoing transfers if the signed/written consent of the owner / Admin-C is actually available. For deletions, the same procedure applies as for transfer applications. Here, too, the customer assures compliance with the allocation guidelines of the individual registries for deletions. INWX receives the right to ask the customer for a statement of intent of a domain owner by fax at random.
- INWX does not warrant that the domains, requested and delegated to the customer, and the domain owner does not violate the rights of third parties. If a customer and domain owner is asked by third parties to give up a domain because it violates the rights of strangers, the customer must inform INWX.
- The contract period begins on the date of registration on the INWX website. This contract is concluded for an indefinite period. The notice period for both sides is one month to the end of the month.
- Domains are implicitly automatically renewed by INWX from year to year, provided that the required amount has been prepaid to the personal credit account or a corresponding payment agreement (eg direct debit payment) has been made with INWX and the agreed credit limit has not yet been exhausted. INWX will periodically email you a renewal report listing the domains you are planning to renew, their costs, current account balance and any credit limit you may have set.
- The termination of a domain must be done before the respective renewal date. For this, there is the function "Renewals" in the customer area on www.inwx.de. If the credit balance or credit limit is insufficient, it will also be deleted or returned to the respective registration office.
- The registration takes place according to the current price list, which can be called up at any time under https://www.inwx.de/de/domain/pricelist. Without calculation, the deletion of an INWX registered domain, if permitted. The resulting fees are to be paid in advance for the billing period. Should a domain be terminated before the end of the billing period at INWX, e.g. by cancellation or transfer, there will be no refund of fees. The resulting amounts are due immediately without deduction.
- Downtime due to technical faults that INWX is not directly responsible for is excluded from the claim for damages. Claims for damages due to the impossibility of performance of a positive breach of contract, culpa in breach of contract, slight negligence and tort are excluded both against INWX as well as in relation to their vicarious agents unless intentional or grossly negligent action. In case of the grossly negligent behavior of INWX or its vicarious agents, damages by INWX are limited to twice the annual fee according to the price list. Further claims are excluded.
- All components of this contract are to be treated by the customer strictly confidential and may not be passed on to third parties. Changes and additions to this contract must always be made in writing. This also applies to the cancellation of the written form. Written and oral ancillary agreements were not made. Court of jurisdiction is Berlin. If parts of this contract are invalid or ineffective, this does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the contract. The ineffective provisions shall be replaced by a provision which is close to the economic interest of the contract and which would have been agreed if the parties had known the ineffectiveness at the time of the conclusion of the contract. All statements from INWX to the customer can be sent electronically to the customer.
- The customer and the domain owner must comply with applicable German law.
Otherwise, the General Terms and Conditions of INWX, available at https://www.inwx.de/de/aboutus/terms, as well as the respective procurement guidelines of the individual registries, can be downloaded at https://www.inwx.de/de/offer/regpolicies.